Monday, November 21, 2011

Survivor Series 2011 Recap


I love wrestling. I really do. And last night I was hoping that the WWE would really blow this PPV out of the water. Madison Square Garden. The Rock. All the ingredients were in place for this to be as memorable as this year's Money in the Bank PPV. But...for me...it wasn't.


Now this was a mix of me having to deal with hopefully genius story progression and blatantly crappy storytelling. I'll get this out of the way first, the divas match wasn't the best. I just wish that the WWE would get people to write better plots for these girls. And maybe better ring training. I'd like to see that division get more respect, and I think after the past few months their mindset is to do just that.


The actual Survivor Series match was more of a gimmick than anything. Team Orton loses to Team Barrett. Big whoopdie doo.  Ziggler vs Morrison was a match that I knew was gonna fall in Zigglers favor. Now I wished that Zac Ryder would have gotten the title shot in his hometown, but I know that that's not the way the WWE operates. They are gonna build this up and keep building it so that the fan reaction is at it's peak. Ryder coming out after the match's conclusion was just a tease. And a damn good one too. I can see Ryder getting the world title in the future. Seeing guys like Daniel Bryan and Zack Ryder getting set up for big pushes gives me hope for the future.


Big Show and Mark Henry was a yawn of a match.  The larger guys can put on as good as match as other superstars. Henry got his ankle broken and a part of me wanted Bryan to come out and take the title, but I hope that he wins the title clean and gets a legit push.


The two main matches that held interest with me was the Alberto Del Rio vs CM Punk match and Rock and Cena vs Miz and Truth.


CM Punk NEEDS to be THE guy in the WWE. I feel like his popularity right now could rival Rock if the two of them stepped into the same ring together. The travesty that was The Rock throwing the crowd into Cena's face was more than hard to watch. Cena has been the face of the WWE since all of the Attitude Era stars left. And now the Rock comes back from his time spent in Hollywood, and basically the crowd (minus those under the age of 18) washed their hands with him.


More on that later.


Hopefully Punk can keep the title for the foreseeable future. Obviously Del Rio will continue his fued with Punk and this will go on until Kevin Nash interferes and starts a new fued with Punk. Hopefully that doesn't happen and we can see the Reign of Punk last for a while. And hopefully they will change that stupid looking title belt.  All this is leading up to a long over due Cena heel turn. Which would be awesome.


I wish I had something more substantial to write about concerning the Cena/Rock vs Miz/Truth match. But to be honest, nothing really happened. Cena got his ass kicked for the majority of the match and Rock won the match and the crowd and took the glory. The really picked the wrong time to have Cena start his Rise Above Hate campaign being that The Rock promotes EVERYONE to hate Cena. Maybe this will mean that The Rock will put Cena over at Mania, solidifying him as THE face of the WWE. I think only The Rock's seal of approval can lift Cena over this funk.


Eric C.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

•Comment Form Guidelines: Comments using keywords, spam or splog-like URLs, or suspicious information in the comment form will be edited or deleted.
•Not contributing to the conversation: Incessant trolling and nonsense will be deleted.
•Racial remarks/hateful language/personal attacks: If we see it, it's deleted, and you will be blocked.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...