Sunday, September 9, 2012

Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark in IMAX


For those of you who don’t know, the first Indiana Jones movie, Raiders of the Lost Ark was recently re-released in the movie theaters in IMAX. Indiana Jones, alongside Star Wars, stands at the top of the list of my all-time favorite movies, so seeing it in the movies for the first time ever was a necessity. Raiders of the Lost Ark is just one of those movies that my entire family enjoys and that is why I went with my dad and brother. Unfortunately, the movie is only released in IMAX, so the ticket price was pretty steep, but this is Indiana Jones and an exception was made.

Although the ticket price was pretty high for an old movie, the visuals were stunning and the audio was amazing. I actually felt like sounds were coming from different directions and my dad actually jolted to move out of the way of water that was in the movie just because the sound was so crisp. My advice to those going to see IMAX movies is to sit in the middle of the theater if you can help it. Sitting too close, the vibrations of the sounds could be too much and the movie seems too loud. In the back of the theater the screen doesn’t seem big enough.

Even though I have been watching this movie for literally 21 years, the first glimpse you get of Indy’s face outside the temple still gives me chills and a feeling like “this guy is a badass and he knows what he’s doing.” Call it a wonder that I’ve carried from childhood to adulthood, but I still get excited watching this movie and I still hope for the best when things turn bad, even though I know full well what is going to happen and what is going to be said. My brother and I are horrible people to watch movies with if we know the movie well because we will say the dialogue with the characters throughout the movie and laugh when we get the lines right (and when we get them wrong too).

For those that are Indiana Jones fans I definitely recommend shelling out the $13.50 to see the movie. It was a great opportunity for someone like me who was raised on Indiana Jones but was born too late to have been able to see it when it was first released. If you have kids that can handle some light cursing and a guy getting chopped up by a propeller, I promise it is an experience they won’t soon forget either. There is just something about watching a movie in the theaters that an HDTV or a PC just can’t provide. Hurry to get your tickets though, because it is only running for one week. It started on the 7th and will run till the 14th. This is in preparation for the Blu-Ray release of the entire saga on September 18th. If the Blu-Ray set is as visually stunning as the IMAX release, then be sure to pick up a copy of the saga, I know I will.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

•Comment Form Guidelines: Comments using keywords, spam or splog-like URLs, or suspicious information in the comment form will be edited or deleted.
•Not contributing to the conversation: Incessant trolling and nonsense will be deleted.
•Racial remarks/hateful language/personal attacks: If we see it, it's deleted, and you will be blocked.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...