Wednesday, March 21, 2012

[Poll] Should Bioware redo the ending to Mass Effect 3? You decide.

I'm sick of this talk about Mass Effect's ending, I really am. I'm not done with the game quite yet, but when I do, I'll make sure that I hate it. Then I'll boycott Bioware and EA's products as a form of protest. Why? Because that's what you do when you don't like a creative property, you throw a bitch fit and a frivolous FTC filing at a fool. Like a boss.


Joking aside, it's absurd, to me at least, for fans to be up in arms about an ending. I hate the ending to Indiana Jones and The Crytsal Skull, but I'm not having a stroke over it. You just hate it and move on. However, Bioware co-founder Dr. Ray Muzyka does make some valid points about how the Mass Effect fan base does have the right to be upset. After all they've made all of this possible by supporting the game.


"I believe passionately that games are an art form, and that the power of our medium flows from our audience, who are deeply involved in how the story unfolds, and who have the uncontested right to provide constructive criticism. At the same time, I also believe in and support the artistic choices made by the development team.  The team and I have been thinking hard about how to best address the comments on ME3’s endings from players, while still maintaining the artistic integrity of the game." ---Dr. Ray Muzyka
Regardless of what you may think, it still astounds me that this issue has gone this far. As Muzyka stated, fans have the right to make provide "constructive criticism". There is no need for an all out revolt. What I think isn't important though, what do you think? Check out the poll and comment below. 

Source: Bioware

Should Bioware redo the ending for Mass Effect 3?






0 comments:

Post a Comment

•Comment Form Guidelines: Comments using keywords, spam or splog-like URLs, or suspicious information in the comment form will be edited or deleted.
•Not contributing to the conversation: Incessant trolling and nonsense will be deleted.
•Racial remarks/hateful language/personal attacks: If we see it, it's deleted, and you will be blocked.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...