Monday, March 19, 2012

Hallelujah for Halo


I just recently purchased Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, and started playing my through my childhood all over again. Sniping Covenant’s domes and needling my way through each and every grunt and I smile and am granted a sense of satisfaction that no other game could possibly provide me, thank you Bungie for all the good times, by the way.

Then when 343 industries took over the franchise I was very skeptical about how future Halos are to turn out. Fortunately for all of us, and for 343 they did a surprisingly good job at the anniversary edition of Halo 1, and most importantly they didn't butcher the Halo 1 pistol which is the crown jewel of the first Halo game. At least for me (and every other Halo fan out there).

However, with all those awesome things aside the one thing that literally brought shivers to my spine and a tear to my eye was the score of the Halo franchise. Now I really don't screw around when it comes to my gadgets and gear that I own. So this means for my Xbox alone I have the Turtle Beach Ear Force Deltas , the Klipsch Pro Media speaker with a huge sub-woofer to shake my house into the ground.

I know you might be thinking, "Dan!? Why do you have these great speakers along with the Ear Force Deltas?" Well, I'm glad you asked. This is because when I'm playing my Xbox very late at night I don't wake everybody up, and on top of that I get awesome surround sound for all of my glorious games. When I'm not using my headset I am blasting the audio though my sweet Klipsch speakers and shaking the very foundation of my home.

So, yesterday, when I was playing Halo Anniversary with my brother and waiting for him to get something to eat at the co-op lobby, I was contently listening to the Halo theme song while waiting for him. I really couldn't help myself, so I reached over to my speaker and literally turned the volume all the way up. Next thing you know I was rocking out to the Halo theme song. I really must hand it to Martin O'Donnell and Michael Salvatori. They managed to create arguably the most recognizable score in video game history.

Next to Zelda and Mario, of course. At the beginning, middle, and end of the song I was ready to pick up an assault rifle and charge straight into battle with my fellow marines and slay some Covenant scum! Then, once you listen to the Halo theme in its entirety, you need to listen to the Mjolnir mix of Halo 3 then , once you poop yourself, you can come back to comment and tell me what you think about the score.

For those of you who have never heard the original theme for Halo, do yourself and the rest of the world a favor and listen to it. The second video down is the Halo 2/3 Mjolnir Mix of the theme song that made an entire generation of gamer cry out in a passionate glory for Halo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

•Comment Form Guidelines: Comments using keywords, spam or splog-like URLs, or suspicious information in the comment form will be edited or deleted.
•Not contributing to the conversation: Incessant trolling and nonsense will be deleted.
•Racial remarks/hateful language/personal attacks: If we see it, it's deleted, and you will be blocked.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...